Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summertime, summertime, sum, sum, summertime


Hello everyone.
This is Christopher E. Harrison. I will be participating in the Open Residency.
I'm a North Minneapolis resident and am active in the arts community, where I teach Media Arts at Henry High part-time, work as a Graphic Designer/Illustrator at a community newspaper part-time and serve on the Minneapolis Arts Commission. I've done some public art murals around town and fancy myself a abstract painter. Right now I'm taking a financial break from an online MFA program at AAU in San Francisco. In the meantime, I'm looking to nourish my muse with the residency and create something solo or collaborative that will inspire me as I hope to inspire others. Currently I've been making digital collages from found internet photos combined with abstract patterns that talk about power, media influence and social mores. The "Toaster Madonna" piece and other works are on mnartists.org/christopherharrison.

No comments:

Post a Comment