Friday, June 4, 2010

The Polish Pugilist

Hello All,
My name is Jeremey Catterton, and I'm a director/performer.
This summer, I'm collaborating with various dancers, performers, and designers to create "The Polish Pugilist." It is a performance that will be created over the summer months, that I intend to perform at AOT during the end of August.
The piece uses source material from Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle" and Sylvester Stallone's "Rocky" to investigate contemporary instances of exploitative capitalism and the stigma of being an immigrant in America.
Originally, I came to the art world as a classically trained actor, then as a theatre director, but lately my work is focused on multi-media and blurring the lines between Dramatic Theatre and Performance Art. My hope is that Art of This will be the perfect liminal space in-between those art worlds, and may be the best environment to receive my postdramatic performance.
Also, I'm working on possibly having other aspects of this performance exist simultaneously at other TC venues, but more on that later, once I've got green lights...

About me, you can find videos of work with my theatre company Lamb Lays with Lion at:
lamblayswithlion.org

Also, you can see some of my other solo projects and music videos at:
jeremeycatterton.com

I look forward to meeting all of you soon, and my apologies in advance for missing the potluck.
All the best.

X
Jeremey

No comments:

Post a Comment