Monday, June 14, 2010


Greetings,


I am John Marks, Founder and Executive Director of Art of This.

First, I want to extend my gratitude to all of the residents (and David and Patty) for the immense positivity that has been circulating, it has been a real inspiration for me personally, as well as affirmation of our efforts and visions.


My summer activity will include a smattering of works including a 3-cassette release of ambient works, a campaign to rename my neighborhood, and an immersive collaborative multimedia performance. And more than likely some experimental rock shows.


My focus is largely on auditory work, as an autonomous medium, as well as a component for other mediums such as installation, film / video, and performance works. If you have a vision for incorporating audio into your work, and want assistance, or want to set up an event focused on sound arts, or just want to listen or create, get in touch. johnmarks@artofthis.net


I will be documenting my activity at: http://alexvada.tumblr.com


No comments:

Post a Comment