Monday, May 31, 2010

Open Summer resident Sandesh Nicol

My name is Sandesh Nicol and I will be participating in the Open Summer residency at Art of This. The primary idea that I wish to explore during my residency is the way a passage of text and it's meaning can change over time and through people. For instance, one of my inspirations is the 2012 phenomenon. I find it fascinating that a brief passage of text, that has a dubious meaning, has been expanded through people other then the ones who first generated the text to produce movies and conferences today surrounding their particular interpretation.

I would like to create an installation regarding this idea at the gallery. I am excited about possible collaborations with other residents too! Although I am a printmaker by nature, I intend to use this summer residency to expand into the world of installation (using my theatre background to assist me along the way). Samples of my work can be found here:

http://www.mnartists.org/artistHome.do?rid=74497

Feel free to contact me, sandeshnicol-at-gmail.com. I look forward to meeting everyone!

Sandesh

No comments:

Post a Comment