Monday, June 28, 2010

collaborations

Hi everyone,

I'm Emily Gastineau, and I'm one of the many hoping to collaborate and see what comes out of this open space! The project I originally proposed for this residency has gone in another direction, so I'm back to the drawing board for the summer. I'm wondering who else is still looking for more projects, since we seem to have a lot of "see what happens" people among us.

I like to do research a particular topic or theme, so I'll propose a couple to see if anyone else is would be interested in creating some kind of event working around these broad topics. I'm envisioning several different pieces, installations, performances, etc., by different individuals, but existing in the space together and in dialogue with each other. My suggestions are:

A) Feminisms--huge, broad, yes, but what are you all working on in this field? I've recently been investigating representations of sexuality, among other things.

B) Art and labor--time, value, exchange, bodies, objects, career, legitimacy, etc.

Let me know if you're interested in one of these themes! Or suggest another theme for a collaborative evening!

I am a dance artist and if you want to know more about work I've done, here is my mnartists page: http://mnartists.org/emily_gastineau

Also: I remember hearing something at an info meeting about a reading group forming? I'd be interested in hearing about that if it's happening.

Emily Gastineau

No comments:

Post a Comment